Tuesday, April 04, 2006





My dreams of late have been nothing short of terrifying -- stark, black, bigger than life, wake me up in a cold sweat nightmares.

I read that these dreams of violence, dismemberment, immolation spell something out along the lines of being overwhelmed by the dark side, a repressed anger, that feeling that 'things fall apart/ the centre cannot hold'... and it's all probably right.

I read also of a loss of trust in others, a feeling that my safety has been violated, that I have put myself out there too much and now suffer from exhaustion...

Nietzsche says we only need 'a Yes, a No, a straight line, a goal"...
Yes, I live for it all
No, I will not succumb to a world dictating that I work more than I play
a straight line towards more creative living
a goal that I will never tell

I lock myself in a world wrapped in jazz, rapt
and dream of better dreams

No comments: